If you haven’t already noticed, traveling around the world is one of our greatest passions, and we love sharing it with you! And then there’s summer… the season that adds happiness to our lives, and happens to start tomorrow! So, let’s pack our bags and enjoy these sunny days by discovering new landscapes and cultures!
Here are some very useful traveling tips for your summer vacation –or any vacation at all:
- If you’re going to a place you’ve never been to, do a little research before getting there: Nowadays, the internet makes it really easy to find useful information about the weather, currency, how to get to your hotel, and places you should definitely visit…
- When you’re visiting several cities: Booking a hotel at the last minute has its pros and cons. On one hand, you can be more flexible with the length of your stay. On the other hand, it can be time consuming to look for the right hotel, and the price may not be ideal. Our recommendation is to do some research beforehand, so you decide the length of your stay first, and then book your hotels in advance. That way, you get the best deals and won’t waste any time during your trip.
- Once you get to your hotel, ask for a city map. Look for the places you have on your must-visit list: you can mark them and decide different routes for each day. That will save you a lot of time and will be your everyday pocket guide!
- In places like Europe traveling from city to city by train is a great option (We’ll share a more detailed post about this tip really soon!)
- Try to walk around the cities as much as you can: if you take taxis for everything, you will limit your trip to those super touristic spots, but you won’t get a bigger picture of the place. The streets are where you breathe the new culture, try different kinds of food, listen to the language, see new faces…
- Always take a pair of comfortable shoes with you: you’ll probably have to walk and you don’t want tired feet!
- Combine cultural and historic places with more relaxed plans like going to restaurants, the beach, or a picnic at the park…
- Take your camera with you at all times!
- Enjoy every second of your trip, no matter how tired you feel! You’ll be thankful for having seen as much as you could!