Summer has unofficially started (Memorial Day Weekend!) and we know you’re already thinking about paradise islands and making lots of beach plans! If you’re looking for calm crystal clear waters, soft white sandy beaches and delicious restaurants, you might want to start thinking about your next trip to one of the most idyllic Caribbean islands: Aruba!
Located in the Southern Caribbean Sea, Aruba is part of the Netherland Antilles and its habitants are Dutch citizens. It’s a multicultural place and it’s very common for people to speak several languages, such as Dutch and Papiamento (the two official languages), and English and Spanish. Of course, as in almost all Caribbean islands, people are very friendly. They also share that “beachy summer mood” you’re looking for when traveling to an island.
There are several things you can’t miss when going to Aruba:
· Enjoying the beach as much as you can: Aruba’s beaches are one of the most beautiful ones we’ve ever been to. Sand is totally white and soft, and the pristine ocean waters are as calm as a pool. It’s perfect for lying on the beach, swimming, relaxing on a float in the water, reading a book, or just enjoying the gorgeous view.
· Going to Oranjestad is also a great day trip: You can visit Aruba’s capital center to see a little bit more of the island, do some shopping, have lunch and walk around for a bit. You’ll find yourself within one of Aruba’s most typical post cards: the famous pink shopping center that’s right on the island’s main street.
· Going out to the Palm Beach Strip: this part of the island offers great nightlife with beach bars, restaurants, and shops- a great plan for the end of a day at the beach.
· Going around the island: Renting a car or a motorcycle to discover beautifully hidden and private beaches on the island is a good idea as well. Or, if you want to see something different in this Caribbean destination, you could also see the desert!
· Eating as much Dutch cheese as you can: Aruba is a paradise for cheese lovers! You’ll find a myriad of Dutch cheese, and all at good prices.
· And of course, visiting our beautiful OndadeMar store at the Palm Beach Plaza in Oranjestad (store 129)! There you will find our latest swimwear and resort wear looks.
Our choice for Aruba: Accessorized sandals!
These accessorized sandals will not only look gorgeous as you walk around the streets of Oranjestad, they will also give you an elegant touch on Aruba’s heavenly beaches. Match them with your favorite bikini and cover up, or with any sophisticated resort wear look!