If you want to travel to an unbelievable city where you can find a combination of North America’s modernity, and Europe’s magical atmosphere and culture, you should start planning a trip to a very unique place that will definitely surprise you: Montreal.
You’ll be in Canada, but when you start scrolling around Montreal’s downtown streets, and when you discover the Old Port –Vieux Montreal–, you’ll probably forget about geography. You will feel a magical European energy that will only make you want to see more!
Located in Canada’s Quebec Province, Montreal is a bilingual city where most of the people speak both French and English –although French is the official language. This makes it a very culturally rich place. Also, Montreal is home to people from many different places of the world.
The city’s weather is something worth knowing about: it’s one of the cities with the widest range between its lowest winter and its highest summer temperatures. It can go down to -40 degrees Celsius and up to 40 (104 F). So, as you can guess, there’s a very cold winter, but let us say it’s a wonderful one. Most of the time, you’ll wake up to discover blue sunny skies over a beautiful white covered city. Also, there are a lot of activities during winter like the “Nuit Blanche” –an annual all-night arts festival– to encourage people to go out and enjoy that part of the year.
And after those cold months comes the summer, making people go a little crazy: everyone goes out with their summer and resort wear, some even wear swimwear! You see gorgeous sport cars everywhere, and there are some huge world known events such as Montreal’s Jazz Festival, Montreal’s Grand Prix (Formula 1), electronic music festivals and many more.
These are some must do’s in Montreal:
- Go to the top of Mont-Royal and have a picnic somewhere around the park –like next to the Beaver Lake
- Go ice skating in Old Montreal
- Discover Old Montreal
- Visit Notre-Dame Basilica
- Scroll around Saint Catherine’s Street (downtown)
- Take a trip to see how the maple syrup is produced
- Discover the underground city
- Go to the Botanical Gardens and the Insectarium
- Go to Saint-Joseph’s Oratory in Mont-Royal
- Visit the universities of McGill and Concordia
- Try the “queue de castor”
- Visit the Old Port
- Visit the Biodome
- Go check out the famous Casino of Montreal
- Visit Ile Sainte-Helene
- Go to the Olympic Stadium’s Observatory
Enjoy a little bit of Europe in America!
Today’s pick: Savanah dress
You already know our Savanah print, so today’s choice is this beautiful dress. It’s perfect for taking new trends with you to Montreal!