Memorial Day Weekend is just around the corner! Whether you’re spending time at the beach or the pool, here’s our must-have packing list for your weekend getaway:
- A book: a great book will always be the perfect companion if you’re going somewhere by yourself or for those quiet and tranquil moments at the beach, at the mountains, on a hammock… Even for waiting in the airport or somewhere else. A book doesn’t take up a lot of space, so it’s easy to take pack… and you’ll probably thank yourself for bringing it!
- Music: Whether it’s your iPod or favorite CD, good music is essential. It sets the mood for any atmosphere- from a fun weekend to a relaxing getaway. Of course, the sounds of nature are timeless. However music will always add something special to the moment! Making your playlist in advance is also a good idea. We don’t know about you, but Memorial Day Weekend means road trips and parties- both important to have good music!
- Your camera: Living in the moment is one of the most inspiring things you can do, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t stop to take pictures. Pool parties, barbeques, friends, family… that’s what Memorial Day Weekend is all about. It’s a weekend to remember, and packing your camera will ensure that you capture the most memorable moments!
- Sunscreen: No matter where you’re going, your destiny’s weather or the kind of plans you have, sunscreen is a must in every trip, not just for your daily use, but also for those unexpected activities that will probably come up during a weekend getaway.
- Swimwear: Don’t forget to pack your OndadeMar! This is the weekend that kicks off the summer season –this is the time to pack your best swimwear. Our swimsuits and cover ups are absolutely perfect for Memorial Day Weekend. We have stylish bandeaus to optimize your tanning needs, thick tie halter tops for water sports, and fashionable one pieces if you’re the body conscious type. Not to mention, all our cover ups are designed to match with our swimwear. Browse through one of our lookbooks today for style inspiration.
- A nice outfit: We know packing can be stressful enough as it is, but it’s always smart to have a “back up” outfit. A nice outfit that’s appropriate for anything, like an unexpected dinner or invitation somewhere. Jeans, heels, and a cute top will do just fine!
- Sneakers: Just in case your exercise goes beyond changing from your back to your stomach to reach an even tan, you may want to pack your sneakers. Perhaps a friend will take the initiative for a morning walk or bicycle ride. Who knows, you may want to join them!
- Lastly, but by no means least, a bottle of wine to top off your Memorial Day Weekend. Whether you’re headed somewhere special, or just relaxing at home, a bottle of wine will do the trick!